Thursday, March 1, 2007

Love Lizards

Lizards can eliminate flying insects for you. The existence of lizards ease me a little whenever I see them at home, especially when the insects are around. I love these reptiles though I get frightened whenever they cross my path suddenly or when I accidentally have skin contact with them. I guess the reptile would probably have been more frightened than me.

To find out if the lizards population is at its optimum for repelling insects, it is interesting to know their preference for the food they eat. Typically, larger lizards prefer to eat caterpillar, grasshopper and larger insects while the smaller lizards are more likely to take those smaller flying insects. I think not many would intentionally breed various sizes of lizard in their garden but I think it can useful to determine how effectively the area would be cleared from flying insects by the size of the lizards.

During the night when I am blogging or surfing the net, I often peek through my bedroom door into the living room, to see them crawling quickly across the floor and I grow to like their discretness and agility.

Related reference

1) Lizards in Insect Control

No comments: